On Saturday, September 2, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm, Hemisfair Park is hosting a fun-filled, free-play event on the Great Lawn featuring the Big Blue Blocks! This is a great opportunity for your child to come make some new friends, use their imagination, and shake off the back-to-school blues.
As the name suggests, Big Blue Blocks are – quite literally – large foam blocks that come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. With pre-cut grooves, holes, and wedges, kids can stack, link, and connect the pieces to build all kinds of different structures, such as bridges, walls, towers, tunnels, forts, slides, obstacles, or anything else their imagination can come up with!
This activity is not only a deeply engaging way for your child to have some fun, but it can also have fantastic educational and developmental benefits as well. These include:
- Fine and gross motor skill development
- Critical thinking
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Creative stimulation
The Big Blue Blocks are also a great way to pique your child’s interest in STEM fields like engineering, architecture, math, and science.
If you’d like your own Blue Blocks set for home, you can check out the different sized packages and have one shipped directly to your doorstep from the Imagination Playground’s Block Shop.
This event is suitable for children ages 2 and up. Make your plans today to come out to Hemisfair Park on September 2 and let your child build to their heart’s desire!
You might also like: Power Up Your Kid’s Minds At The Doseum!
Hemisfair Park Visitor Information
Before you bring your kids out to play with the Big Blue Blocks, there are a few things you should know:
- Location: Hemisfair Park is located at 434 South Alamo St in San Antonio, Texas and is open seven days a week from 5 am to 12 am.
- Food & Drink: You may bring food and drink, however glass containers are not allowed. If you don’t feel like packing your own picnic, you’ll find some great places to eat inside the park. These include: CommonWealth Coffeehouse & Bakery, Con Safos Cocina y Cantina, Paleteria San Antonio, and Dough Pizzeria.
- Pets: Pets are allowed, so long as they stay leashed throughout your entire visit.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in the park except in designated areas.
- Prohibited Items: Aside from glass containers, hard liquor, fireworks, open flames, grills, bikes, skateboards, and skates are not allowed inside Hemisfair Park.
For additional questions or more information, you can call (210) 709-4750.