No one wants to bite into a dry, flavorless pork chop after a long day. Use this recipe, along with these simple tips, to create the juiciest skillet pork chops!
Ingredients You Need
- 4 Pork Chops
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Honey or Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (chopped)
Steps You Take
- Season your refrigerated pork chops with salt and pepper. Set the pork chops aside for 30 minutes.
- Make your spice rub in a small bowl. Mix together the flour, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel. Rub both sides of the pork chops with your spice rub.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil gets hot and shimmery, add the meat.
- Cook the pork chops in the oil until they are golden. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pork chops so they are seared side up. Reduce the heat to the low setting.
- Place the lid on top of the skillet and let the pork chops cook for 6-12 minutes.
- Move the pork chops to a plate and cover them with aluminum foil. Let the pork chops sit inside the foil for 5 minutes.
Making the Pan Sauce
- While the pork chops are sitting inside the aluminum foil, create your pan sauce!
- Increase the skillet heat to medium-high. Add chicken stock, vinegar, and honey or brown sugar.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape up anything that sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the sauce from heat, and let it cool down until it is no longer simmering.
- Add in butter. Place the pork chops into the skillet and spoon sauce on top of them.
- Scatter parsley over the top of the pork chops before serving.
You might also like: San Antonio Seafood Is Home To Amazing Texas Seafood
Tips for Cooking the Juiciest Skillet Pork Chops
- Use pork chops that are around 1-inch in thickness.
- If you want a gluten-free recipe, just skip the flour!
- Add sliced onions and apples to the sauce for extra flavor.